The purpose of this role is to work as a Cloud Security Analyst being tasked with contributing to the technical aspects of the global Nedscaper MDR team to ensure that they are in line with the company’s growth. Providing and driving technical expertise by contributing the company’s defensive services roadmap and ensure they are geared towards the latest greatest technological Microsoft standards and aligned with global Microsoft security engineering roadmap.
Furthermore, having hands-on mentality which involve the day-to-day running of continuing client Managed Detect and Respond services and 24×7 monitoring of alerts and incidents. In this role, you will primarily be engaged onboarding and managing to assist our clients and partners on to our Nedscaper MDR and configuring Microsoft 365 Security products e.g. MDE and MDI. Whilst at it you are the subject-matter-expert on your domain, analysing and reviewing high severity alerts and emerging threat with the team, providing appropriate solutions to problems, and making decisions on the way forward by acting as liaisons between the client and the consultancy team and management team. More importantly you will be mentoring our junior Cloud Security Analysts into growing and evolving to the next phase in their career.
As an addition to the analyst role, we are looking forward to providing you the opportunity and path to grown into a consultancy role. In this consultancy role you’re being tasked with contributing to the technical aspects of the global Nedscaper consulting organization to ensure that they are in line with the company’s growth. Providing and driving technical expertise by contributing the company’s defensive services roadmap and ensure they are geared towards the latest greatest technological Microsoft standards and aligned with global Microsoft security engineering roadmap.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You have demonstrated technical ownership skills and love sharing knowledge.
- Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts.
- Performing risk and threat management on alerts and events generated in Azure Sentinel
- Detecting and correlating events in Azure Sentinel to create incidents and perform triage
- Further learn to automate and orchestrate automated responses in Azure Playbooks
- Assist with continuous development of the Nedscaper MDR platform on Azure Sentinel
- Assist in presales cycles helping sales team to solution sell new opportunities
- Assist in product development of the Nedscaper MDR platform
- Perform risk assessments for threats and risks for clients
- Continuously learn and attend online webinars and events to stay up to date with the latest trends
- You design, implement, and breathe Microsoft Cloud Security solutions
- You assist in (pre)sales cycles with solution selling and pricing strategies
- You have demonstrated knowledge in protocols surrounding Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Networking, DNS, Communications and Network Security, Risk Management, Vulnerability Management and Threat Management
- You work with your team to help develop and deliver solutions based on technologies in these two areas:
- Enterprise Mobility + Security workloads with a focus on Azure Active Directory features, Microsoft 365 Defender, Cloud App Security and MIP.
- Microsoft Azure (Stack) Infrastructure and security related services, Azure Monitor, Log Analytics, Azure Business Continuity and Recovery solutions, Azure Sentinel, Azure IaaS services, Azure RBAC best-practices
- Open to learn and certify yourselves in industry standards and frameworks such as NIST, ISC2, EC-Council, MITRE ATT&CK, SANS, OSCP and OWASP.
- You are who you are and bring personality on board.
- You love to learn and make impact, both career wise and personally.
- You are not made for 9 to 5 jobs.
- Proven experience as a SME and technical lead or similar leadership role.
- You embrace lifelong learning and aren’t shy of learning new things.
- You are familiar with agile way of working or are open to learn how to deliver following such an approach.
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research.
- Come as you are and be who you are.
- Individuals who are employed by Nedscaper must appreciate, always, that they are ambassadors of the organization, that their actions, conduct and statements must be in the best interests of the organization and that they should be appropriately always dressed and presentable.
- Honesty, integrity and confidentiality are key to Nedscaper.
- Loyalty to Nedscaper and its customers.
- Mutual respect for diversity and each other/cultural awareness.
- Perform additional ad hoc duties outside of the basic job specification that the company believes to be reasonably appropriate.
- Flexible approach to working hours with a willingness and ability to respond to needs outside ‘office hours’ during the early morning, evenings and weekends where necessary
- Speak, read and write fluently in English
- Multilingual advantageous.